Youth Lead Connect (YLC)
The Youth Lead Connect program is NOT currently taking applications
About the program:
Youth Lead Connect is an exciting new HFA youth leadership and mentoring program to build education and life skills for young people. The program is designed to benefit both individuals and the bleeding disorders community. For youth it helps personal development and build connections with others living with a bleeding disorder. For the bleeding disorders community it develops and trains young community representatives. They will be able to participate in leadership and mentoring activities at local camps and events and make sure a youth voice is represented from the youth community.
You must be aged 16 – 30 years, have a bleeding disorder, carry the gene or have a sibling with a bleeding disorder to be eligible to take part in this program.
In order to participate, you need to apply and explain how the program will benefit you.
- Apply by completing the attached form
- An initial face-to-face training weekend will be provided
- Training will include skills building around leadership, effective and strategic communication, social competence, peer support and mentoring, as well as training on promoting Factored In. The weekend will also include a professional video workshop and guest speakers.
- You must have a current Working With Children’s Check, or you will need to apply for one when you are accepted into the program.
- Leadership Achievement Goals: youth will be asked to commit to Leadership Achievement Goals (Goals) and complete them over a 12 month period. These differ from person to person based on the skills and strengths of the individual.
Goals may include attendance of a camp or community activity and a short written report about the event for Factored In
An example of a Goal:
- Attendance at the leadership and mentoring weekend
- Attendance of at least one (1) State or Territory Foundation camp or activity in a mentoring or leadership capacity
- Submitting a report to Factored In about the camp or activity
- Other promotional activities related to Factored In.
Follow ups are undertaken following the training weekend via telephone, email and social media to ensure completion of the hurdle requirements for the program.
Once you have successfully completed the Program, you are awarded a certificate and encouraged to attend ongoing state/territory events in a mentoring and leadership capacity.
Note that if you submit an application for this program, you must be available for the training weekend.
For further questions please contact:
Kassy Drummond, HFA Health Promotion Officer: email@example.com or 1800 807 173