Youth Canoe Journey
Wed 13 Jun 2018
- Do you need a new challenge?
- Are you looking for adventure?
- Are you aged 18-25 years, have a bleeding disorder, carry the gene or have a sibling with a bleeding disorder?
Join us on the YOUTH CANOE JOURNEY
HFA are starting something new in 2018!
The Youth Canoe Journey is an exciting extension to Youth Lead Connect to build education and life skills for young people. The program is designed to assist young people in their personal development and build connections with others living with a bleeding disorder. HFA have teamed up with adventure therapy company Purple Soup to bring you this exciting experience.
WHAT DOES THIS PROGRAM INVOLVE?
- Apply by completing the attached form, including submitting your CV and Cover letter
- Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted to arrange an interview (this can be arranged via skype if necessary)
- Successful applicants will be required to assist in the planning of the trip
- Participants will meet in Melbourne for final preparations on the Thursday, then we will travel together to the Murray river, where we will begin our journey on Friday and finish on Sunday afternoon
- Days will be spent canoeing along the Murray River, with other camping activities planned during the evenings
- Accommodation will be dormitory style for the first night, and camping along the Murray for the remainder of the trip
- This program is designed to build education and life skills for young people. We hope to empower participants to work on their personal development and build connections with others living with a bleeding disorder.
- Participants will be challenged to work as a team, overcome obstacles, and develop initiative skills.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Complete this application form and submit a resume and cover letter
- Application must be submitted by the 31st of JULY 2018
The scheduled dates for this event are 15th – 18th of November 2018. This may be subject to change depending on accommodation availability
Last Reviewed: 13 June 2018
Date last reviewed: 13 June 2018
Search News by Category