Who to talk to about bleeds at work

If you find you are having unusual elbow bleeds, aching muscles or neck swelling and bruising (haematomas), or any other problems, contact your Haemophilia Centre for advice.

They may be able to suggest suitable protective equipment or give other suggestions to manage the problems. They can also talk to you about your situation and provide supporting documentation for your employer if necessary. They can also give suggestions on plans to manage medical emergencies.

Your treatment Centre can also come in handy if there is a job you’ve always wanted to do, but you or your parents are worried about how it might impact on you because of your bleeding disorder. Your treatment Centre might be able to come up with a plan that allows you to do the thing you’ve dreamed of (like Chris Gordon umpiring!).

Date last reviewed: 18/04/2013