Checklist for traveling alone
What you need to know
What you need to know can vary depending on the type of bleeding disorder you have, where you’re going and what activities you plan to do.
You may find it useful to work through this checklist with your Haemophilia Treatment Centre team to check what is relevant to you.
Date last reviewed: 18 November 2021
- Know how to do your own treatment
- Know how much to inject in your regular infusions
- What your treatment plan is if you have a bleed
- What to do if a bleed persists after treatment
- Know what to do if you run out of factor
- Know what to do in an emergency
- Make sure you have travel insurance if you are going overseas